Thursday 30 October 2008

It wasn't such a cold start to the day this morning. No frost to nip at the fingers and it was rather unexcitingly damp in the air with the feel of rain to come. Feeling uninspired, I took my husband to work as normal, but on driving back I couldn't help but notice the sky. What's to notice in a grey sky you might ask? But it wasn't just grey. It was a beautiful smoky grey with shades from whispy white to a steely blue and where the cloud was breaking a golden buttery glow was shining through from the rising sun behind, like the most beautiful marble. If only I had a camera, but then my photographic skills would probably not do it justice!

Then sitting down with a cup of tea to ready myself for the busy day ahead, I turned the laptop on to check emails leave messages etc, when the webcam on my desktop revealed yet another beautiful panorama for me! My beloved Lake District has received it's first blanket of snow on the mountain tops! I love that area so much, I have the local webcam feed to my computer so I can watch the changing seasons everyday despite being two hundred miles away. As much as I'm a nostalgic and whimsical girl, there are some blessings that modern technology can bring!

So here is the picture from the cam
snowy skiddaw

I am determined not to regret our descision to have a holiday in Yorkshire, rather than the Lakes, despite the fact we could be there, tomorrow, in the very shadow of those mystical snow capped mountains. To visit the mountains in the snow has been my desire for sometime. But no! Yorkshire has just as many beautiful sights and a snow capped Lake District will be there another year and the longer I wait, the more delicious the sight will be when I finally see it!

No comments: