Tuesday 24 March 2009

Update on 1850s evening gown.

Well we had a busy and successful film shoot at the weekend involving about twenty actors in full period costume. It was a wonderful sight in a stunning setting.

Here are some pictures of me in my dress. Hopefully you can see from my previous post that I altered the berha (which was a last minute idea) as I decided it was too big and didn't flatter me at all.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Considering I was wearing a heavy petticoat, corset etc, I found the outfit surprisingly comfortable although some of the other girls complained about their corset all weekend. I really found it quite bearable and the corset very supportive. I really didn't want to take it off at the end of the shoot! The most uncomfortable part of the dress was the collar/shoulder which was quite tight around the upper arm and restricted movements, although one girl played the piano delightfully for us.

Please checkout www.wagscreen.co.uk for more information on the film!

No comments: